Monday, August 12, 2013

Bridal Shower

My weekend wasn't that great, nothing really big to inform so instead I'm doing the post that was supposed to happen on Friday but well... I'll be honest... I got lazy!

The invitations have arrived and the rsvp's are coming in! Yes, my bridal shower is coming up. 

We are having it earlier than people usually do and that is because my Mom is only going to be here in September so that is when it will be.

Here are the invitations that we picked out which turned out so nice. I love them. 


They are from Wedding Paper Divas. They have so many cute invitations, I wish it was acceptable to give everybody a different one...

For the shower decoration, we were thinking just some simple milk glass bud vases with a single flower in them for the center pieces. I'm a no muss no fuss kind of girl so don't expect anything over the top with anything. Anyway back to the decor.... something like this (but just one and probably a different flower):


Then I saw this on pinterest and thought it was really neat so we are definitely planning to do it:


As for the food? We are thinking ordering some appetizer type stuff from the Portuguese bakery (every single person there minus maybe 4 people are going to be Portuguese so it is pretty fitting). I also think these wedding cake cookies are so adorable!


This cake is also kind of a neat design. I wouldn't want black as the base color though.


The colors? We're not sure yet. I have to go see the venue we booked. Apparently their napkins are red and blue (I'm guessing the dark versions like the American flag) so we will probably go with that to save money on napkin rentals. 

The shower is being held in a hotel to keep it easy. We invited a little over 30 people which was too big to be held in anybody's house. 

As for the games, I haven't quite figured out what I want to do yet but I for sure want to do this:


I've always been a fan of trivia type stuff :) I don't want any games that you do at every bridal shower but I also don't want boring games that my guests might find boring. 

Do you have any ideas for bridal shower games? Leave a comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment