Friday, December 13, 2013

What to put in a Christmas Basket

One great gift to give is a gift basket. I am personally not doing one this year but I figured I can share a few ideas on what to put in one for Christmas!

1. Something really warm and cozy 


One of my favourite parts about winter is being able to snuggle up in a cozy blanket and fleecy pajama pants! You can find some cute pajama pants just about anywhere at this time - especially in gift sets but if you want to keep it budget friendly, Old Navy is having theirs on sale 50% off. Other neat options would be some Christmas themed socks, slippers, or a scarf.

2.  One of your favourite snacks


Trail Mix is always a hit. I don't think I have ever met one person who doesn't like it! You could also get some popcorn seeds and put them in those really cute popcorn cup type things. You can find them at the dollar store! 

3. Hot Chocolate


Hot chocolate is a great thing to throw in there. If you are giving to a coffee lover, a gourmet bag of coffee would be a nice alternative as well!

5. Christmas Treats


If you like to bake, you can make up some tasty little treats to throw in there or if the person receiving likes to bake and you... maybe not so much... Home Sense has so many little kits for holiday baking! I picked up a few myself to give out to some people :)

6. Some luxurious lotion.


Bath & Body Works is always a hit when it comes to lotions and if you are doing a few baskets, they usually have a deal going when you buy multiples as well!

7. One of your favourite books


You may recognize this one from a previous "Love List" I did. I actually went out and bought it! Also, if your gift receiver isn't a book person, a classic Christmas movie would be really great too!

8. Small Christmas Items


A candle, a cute ornament, lip gloss, anything really that is Christmas themed could make its way there!

And of course, you will need a good basket to hold it all in! Something multifunctional that they can use after would be perfect. I like the idea of this tin bucket here and putting some vinyl letters on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment