Friday, December 20, 2013

A Homemade Christmas Gift

For one of my presents that I am giving someone, I wanted to do a homemade one and show off my non existent baking skills. I searched the internet far and wide and came across this recipe from House Pretty. I thought this would be easy enough! So here it is:


Start off with all your ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup fancy molasses
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup coarse sugar (I used regular sugar)
 Directions:
1. In a large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg, molasses and vanilla.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture and combine. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
3. Roll by 1 tbsp into balls. Roll in sugar and place balls 1-1/2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven until puffed and crackly, about 9 minutes
5. Let pan cool on a baking rack for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.


My cookies did not turn out like her cookies did. They were supposed to be more round and a lot smaller but mine just came out as regular cookies. See this is how it works with me: I cook or bake and it never looks like it should but it still tastes phenomenal. Just like these cookies did!


I placed them in an old fruitcake can that I found and spray painted.


And tied a ribbon around it! So prettyful!

If you want to see how the cookies are supposed to look like, please feel free to visit House Pretty by clicking the picture below!
Photobucket
Alternatively, you can also watch a video demonstration of this whole thing on my youtube channel. I assure you, you will be very entertained (psst. it involves an egg being broken all over the counter!) 

Just click HERE to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment