Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Your Wedding Registry


 Creating our registry was one of the top things I looked forward to. It is like shopping without having to spend any money!

I read a bunch of stuff online to do with them and now I have come here to tell you what to listen to, and what not to listen to... according to my own experience.

1. When creating your registry, use a checklist...but only as a guideline. I had a checklist to help so I didn't forget to add things I might need but I didn't necessarily pick everything off of it. If you don't need it, don't register for it. I nixed all bedroom and bathroom linens off my list. I also didn't register for any fine china (because I would never use it). Here is a good checklist to go by.

2. Only register for things you actually need. I did not register for a bread maker. I also did not register for a deep fryer. Think about it this way: the more things you register for, the less things you will get. Don't take away from the things you need by putting things that are just nice to have. You can get them later.

3. Don't feel bad by putting expensive things on your registry. Your registry is basically a wish list. Just because it is there, doesn't mean people have to get it. A lot of times, family members will go in on a more expensive gift anyway.

4. Never mind the whole "make sure you have this many items in this price range and this many items in this price range." Keep that in mind but like I said above: if people can't find or afford what they want to give you, they will go in on an item or just give you money. Don't register for items you don't need.

5. Try to register at stores your guests actually go to. I registered at the Bay and Bed Bath and Beyond. I chose BB&B over Home Outfitters because I preferred to just do my registry online. I find being in a store overwhelming and I didn't think I would get a full selection of everything I could register for. I got 3 things off my BB&B list. Why? Because my guests never went there. They went to Home Outfitters.

There is a short little tidbit of my knowledge from my experience. I hope it helps you out in your venture with a registry :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment