Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Book Mailbox

I have been growing quite the collection of books I want to read or am reading... problem is they all sit in a very large pile on top of my bedside table. 

I was just sitting on my bed once staring at the wall and an idea hit me. I went into homesense to search for the perfect product to execute this idea and I came across a tin industrial "book mailbox." That is what we shall call it - because it is kind of like an inbox but for books!

Here it is all set up with some books in it!



Our apartment is very old and our walls are plaster and the exterior walls (and walls between units) are cement so screws don't jive that well here. Because of that, I use command strips to hang most things. They are seriously amazing! You can kind of see it poking out at the top there but oh well. I was a bit worried they wouldn't be able to hold the weight of the book mailbox (which is pretty heavy itself .. it is metal) let alone the massive books that I have stuck in there but it is still up there!

As you can see there are a few books on my nightstand, that is my Q&A journal and my planner. I write in those every night so I will keep them there. Underneath is some magazines that I really have to get around reading.... 

Overall I love how it turned out! It is a great place to keep these books and once I am done with them they will go onto the bookshelf in my office of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment