Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dressing Table

Ahh a dressing table... something I always wanted but never had room for. When I was a teenager I would get ready at my desk and now there is burn marks in the wood from the straightener. My Mother was not happy....

I always liked to sit down when I got ready .. mainly because it takes forever to do my hair so I would get tired of standing. 

When we moved to this apartment, I knew I was going to be able to put one in... I also knew that I had to get something because not only is there no counter space in my bathroom, there aren't any electrical outlets! Now 4 months after we have lived here I can finally post a picture of my dressing table!


This was when I first got it so I thought I would show you it in it's barest state. The dressing table is the Malm one from Ikea. The mirror is also from Ikea... and so is the uniform I'm wearing ;) 


I then got some con-tact paper and lined the drawer with it. This stuff is the most annoying thing to put down. Oh and I also forgot to mention... the mirror is hung by command strips because that wall is a dividing wall so it is concrete. We weren't able to put screws in it. Anyway, I will note the mirror is still there and hasn't fallen down!


Here it is with everything on it. The drawers beside are another Ikea product. I use them to store all my other beauty stuff besides makeup. This keeps all my stuff out of the bathroom. In fact, the only things in my bathroom are my facial care stuff and my toothbrush! The chair is a temporary staple until I can get a nice fancy one.
 

Moving onto the drawers, I won't show what is inside because I don't have drawer dividers for all of them. I will also share more detail into how I organized my dressing table on my business website. I use the first drawer for jewelry, the second for hair accessories and brushes, the third has hair products in there, the fourth has anything to do with skin care: moisturizers, body scrubs, etc. It basically has any excess that I am not using at the moment. And lastly, the fifth drawer has all my hair tools in there. The little white drawers on top hold my nail polishes. Eventually I am going to put little stickers on the top of the lids so I can easily see what color it is.



I got the mirror from homesense and I spray painted a regular cup to hold some of my lip products.


I will be doing a tutorial on the spray painting makeup holders next week. This is the other side of my dressing table. The frame is from Ikea and I made the print myself using photoshop. Pinterest is great for getting free fonts.


And of course I have to include Lady! If you don't know yet, I love Disney so you will see little Disney things pop up around my house. :)

So that is my dressing table so far. It is not complete yet but I figured it was time to show you. I still need to get all the drawer dividers for the rest of the drawers and I need to finish lining the drawers. I also need to buy a nice chair but that is not an immediate to do for that. Getting the drawers properly organized is higher on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment