Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Spring Cleaning Part 2


If you read part one here, I started spring cleaning the place. The idea is to do one a day and it will be done in 3 weeks. Click on the link to view what I did the first week. I actually took the weekend off and just piggy backed a couple. Here is the list for week 2:

  • Sprinkle the mattress with baking soda and let sit for at least an hour, then vacuum it all up with the brush attachment. You can also wait till next time you wash the sheets to do this.
  • Vacuum all upholstered furniture and vacuum or launder curtains.
  • Take rugs and mats outside and beat with a broom handle
  • Vacuum the floor really thoroughly before you put the rugs back
  • Spot clean the carpet stains
    • Spray stain with Windex  put a towel over it and iron over it. If it doesn't work fully the first time, do it again.
  • Deep clean the oven, counter tops and clean out all the bottom cabinets
    • To clean grease off your oven burners, put them in a baggy with 1/4 cup ammonia and seal the bag. Let it sit overnight (outside because it will stink) and then wipe it off in the morning with a sponge. 
    • If you have water spots on your faucets, take some wax paper and rub them off with it after your are done cleaning it.
  • Clean out the fridge 

If you are looking for a new vacuum, I highly reccomend any Dyson model. I don't have one myself but it is definitely on my registry. My Mom has the regular model and and a friend has the cordless for his apartment. They both love them and I have been known to borrow my Mom's every now and then to clean my place. They are expensive but well worth it and they give great customer service. Something in my Mom's broke and they sent her a new one right away, no questions asked. Ps. no this is not a paid advertisement for them lol. 




Also another tip, when you are cleaning out the cup boards and fridge you should also be checking all the food or anything that expires and throwing them out if they aren't good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment