Saturday, June 08, 2013

Organizing the Blog

There is one thing that keeps this blog rolling with posts every few days.... and that is organization. I come up with a lot of ideas and if I didn't schedule them or write them down somewhere I would definitely lose them. I didn't always have this system in place, in fact it is quite recent. 

I use microsoft office OneNote. It is seriously my favourite program. You can have all your tabs in one place. I have 2 separate "notebooks." One for work and one for personal. I used the work when I was in school for notes and stuff and the personal one has my blog, wedding, and other things I might find handy like a list of (expensive) shopping items I want to save for but don't want to forget about! 

So here is what my blog tab looks like:


I basically get a picture of the calendar month from the internet, plop it in there and then what is great about the OneNote is that you can click anywhere in the page and start writing so... I just plug in my blog post schedule. Another great thing about doing it this way and not on a real notebook is I can easily make changes without marking everything up. 

Underneath the calendar I put ideas for future posts that don't have a spot in the schedule yet. I also have a list building up for my end of the month favourites. 

So as you can see, it is very easy and I can keep it separate from my actual calendar (which is on my phone)!

No comments:

Post a Comment