Saturday, June 15, 2013

Photographer

Well we have shelled out some more $$ .... I mean, we booked the photographer for our wedding!

View her website here.

Believe it or not, I found her through Craigslist last year.  Every photographer I had booked was way over our budget. What was our budget? The calculator thing pooped out a whopping $1500 and that was after we lumped the videographer budget with it because we decided against having one.

In Toronto, most photographers start at $3000 and that is for like 4 hours of service.... no thanks. So I went to craigslist to see if I can find some amateurs. I found Vanessa's website and was actually really impressed with her pictures. She is a creative photographer which is exactly what I wanted. 

Jump ahead to now, we had a meeting and I decided to go with her. The total that we are paying is $2400 and here is what it includes:
  • 8 hours of coverage
  • 50 retouched images
  • One 7x7 book or one 8x10 book (40 pages, premium lustre paper, hard cover image wrap)
  • DVD of all the images (and they aren't watermarked)

Pretty good hey? 

We did go over our budget by almost $1000 but we were willing to for a photographer because there are three things you take away from your wedding: your marriage certificate, your rings, and the pictures. I still think I did good though ;)

You also may be wondering why we made the decision to nix a videographer.... I know it is nice to have but it wasn't necessary to us. We would rather spend our money on other things and it is tight enough as it is with our budget. 

So anyway now for the good stuff, here are some ideas to go on the "must have" photo list:








No comments:

Post a Comment