Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Closet Organization

So as you may know, we are staying with my Dad until I finish my internship and we both get jobs and are actually able to afford to live by ourselves again... So anywhos, my bedroom here at my Dad's, I was fortunate enough to get a walk in closet. The area used to be my Grandpa's workroom and the closet a cold room so when it was renovated I inherited a cold-room-sized-closet. Perfect. I've been waiting to fully utilize this thing for years and although I'm only here temporary, I fully took advantage. So here is the set-up...


The closet is mainly mine. Brandyn got the full dresser in the bedroom and then I took over the closet and that white drawer bin. 


As you can probably see in the picture, my undergarments are in the top drawer. Then in the bottom, I have my pajamas. The third drawer has capris, shorts, and sweatpants in it. The bottom drawer is a bunch of wires and stuff that are my Dad's and I have no place else to put them. 


The top cubby is not shown. It has just random stuff in it that isn't mine. Then you see my hats. Second shelf, I have tank tops.


The next shelf has t-shirts and long-sleeves at the bottom. I only have 3 long-sleeve shirts so I just put them in with my t-shirts. Then my jeans and pants and lastly just random stuff like my kobo reader, sewing box and cameras. 


On the farthest bar, I have my shirts and blouses, light sweaters/cardigan, blazers, dresses and jerseys. I used to have my hoodies and thicker sweaters in place of the blouses but they didn't fit so I did some re-arranging. Organizing is a lot of trial and error. I also color co-ordinated each section. I will post the chart I used on the bottom. It probably doesn't look that color co-ordinated and that is because I have very little colors in my wardrobe. That is another plus about doing that.... you see what colors you tend to vibe towards in the stores. I seem to like grey. I need to buy more colors....



The upper bar has all my hoodies. See. Lots of grey. At one point, when I was a teenager, I counted 50 hoodies. I took up an entire dresser with them. I have since downgraded and I refrain from buying hoodies anymore. 


The bottom is mostly Brandyn's section. I just have light jackets on the right there and then it is all his. His isn't color co-ordinated because there is so little that I can't even. 


On the back of my door, I have my shoe rack. I also have a shoe rack outside in the hallway that holds more casual, everyday shoes. This one obviously isn't full yet. I haven't unpacked most of my shoes yet. 

Here is the color chart I used. I started at white on one end, and then finished at black!


One thing I didn't take a picture of was the other side. It is just a bunch of storage stuff. Nothing exciting and quite messy but it doesn't belong to me so I don't touch it.

But ya so that is my closet that I'm using right now. I don't think I could ever go back to a regular closet now. I love my walk in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment