Saturday, January 05, 2013

Introducing....

Gizmo!

It recently occured to me that I have never formally introduced my cats which is wierd because they are like my babies and if you have been to my photo challenge tab... they cover most of it! So here I introduce my cat Gizmo! (Prepare for some serious awes)


Here's the story of how Gizmo came to be mine... In 2008 my cat died and my Mom was taking a break from owning a pet. I don't understand how people replace their pets right away but maybe that is how they cope. In 2010, someone we knew's cat was pregnant so I convinced my Mom to take one of the kittens. On June 28th, 2010, Gizmo and his brothers and sister were born. I was there for his birth which was gross needless to say haha and I hung out a lot. Two kittens were immediately ruled out because they were long haired (and one was a female and my Mom doesn't like female cats). 

So there were 2 short hairs that were also boys... I started to notice Gizmo because he was so quirky. He had such personality at such a small age and you could say I picked him or he picked me but I knew we were going to take him when he was ready. The long haired kittens and Gizmo had homes and there was one left who didn't have a home and I felt bad. I also kind of wanted Gizmo for myself. So I convinced my Mom to take this one and Gizmo would be mine (I was 18 after all and would be moving out soon). We ended up bringing both cats home at 5 weeks because the people we got them from couldn't handle having the kittens around. They got into too much mischeif. 

My Mom named her kitten Spencer. You may see a bigger version around my blog too. He was always twice the size of Gizmo but now they are very close in size.



When I moved out a year later, I took Gizmo with me. Spencer now has 2 other cats to play with - they are from the same Mom as well. My Mom was going to take one to be Spencer's companion and then caved and took 2!! Haha .. the things animals do to you... we are all such suckers
Anyway here are more pictures of Gizmo growing up :) 




Gizmo is such a funny cat. He is so chatty. We often have conversations although they usually consist of "Meow"...."meow"... I think he just responds when he hears my voice. This cat plays fetch! I throw a ball and he runs, grabs it in his mouth and brings it back. Its phenominal. If I tell him to get down or no, he meows and then actually does so. Who ever thinks cats aren't trainable..didn't try hard enough!


Stay tuned for Kitty's introduction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment