Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Bookshelf Hack

I am excited to be finally sharing this project with you! This is my first real DIY project and I'm so happy with how it turned out. When Brandyn and I moved into our first apartment my Mom gave us this bookshelf for free. It was ugly but it was free and we needed something.


It almost looks better in the picture than it did in person....


So we took it apart and sanded it which was really important cause it was cheap shiny wood.




The person in home depot suggested that we use this spray paint primer. We actually ran out so when we went to get paint we bought another but then ran out of that again so we kind of just said eh .. Well if you get the behr paint. I can't speak for the other ones.. it wasn't needed.



 We used the color Refreshing Pool for the inside of the bookcase and just a plain white for the outside. I love it.

This was after the first coat but to be safe, especially since we didn't prime parts, we did a second one.


And the finished product :) I love love how it turned out and it is so great being able to walk in my apartment see it and think... we did that. It was also my first painting job so that was a big deal too :)

On a side note I also thought, hey if we end up having a baby boy someday we can put this in the nursery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment