Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oregon, Day 5 and 6

Last post about the Oregon trip. It was really time to finish this off considering it's been a month since I got back from Oregon and I really have other things to share with you...

Day 5 started with us checking out of the hotel in Newport and getting some breakfast. There was another Pig'n'Pancake in this town so we went. I was not that impressed. While my sour dough pancakes were good... I would have thought there would be a lot more pancake choices to choose from considering the restaurant chain includes such food in the name. Also, the service, while better, was not stellar.

After we were done, we started on towards Portland where we would be spending our last day. We stopped in Albany to see the historic houses that were mentioned in my Mom's travel book but when we finally found it (the gps did not like the address), we were not impressed enough to go in. So we continued on.

On our way into Portland we stopped in this place called Tigard. I wanted to stop at DSW to look at wedding shoes and this was the one on the way. So we went in, I didn't find anything I liked not to mention in a white color because apparently the bridal selection is actually on the website. Well then... that doesn't work for me does it? I did pick up a nice coral colored guess purse which was really nice though so that was nice.

Next door to DSW was a bridal shop so we went in there. Just a note, bridal shoes in Canada are at least $100 and I knew they weren't as much in the USA so that is why we were looking. I found shoes that I loved. They only had one in my size and that was the sample one which was stretched out so they told me if I phoned later they would ship it to me. Score. I still have yet to phone them though...Need to wait for some money first.

We ate lunch at this pizza place in the same complex that all this was in which also had valet parking. That was interesting to me. Then we went back on the highway towards Portland. Our first stop in Portland was Powells City of Books.

I had never heard of this place before but man... if you like books and have never been here before, then you need to go. Lets just say... they had a map to guide you. Intriguing right? I picked up quite a few used wedding books.


 I got this one for $13.95 (orig 20). I picked it over another one because it does an actual budget breakdown and estimate on what each craft should cost


I love being organized and creating lists even if I don't follow them. I picked up this one used for $8.95 (orig would have been $16 if I bought in Canada) The person who owned it before had written in it a bit but I actually found it quite interesting to see what she was and wasn't doing for her wedding and there was a pleasant little note in the cover.

This looks extremely outdated on the cover hey? Published 1997.. I got this one for a whole 4 dollars and 50 cents! This one is full of any possible question you could ever have. I love it and trust me from what I've heard on wedding forums, the answers to the questions aren't out dated.


Now I haven't cracked this one open yet but I am definitely looking forward to it. I actually just noticed the "as seen on oprah" As I was posting this picture on here haha... I got this one for $7.50. 

My Mom also got a good haul too. There was way more in my basket but I had to put some back... After we left the bookstore, we made our way to check into the hotel. We stayed at the Inn at the Convention Center. This one was kind of .. how do I put it... It was on the lower end of the accomodation spectrum. The guy at reception was extremely nice and internet worked good but the room kind of stunk. It was fine though. My Mom and I walked down to the movie theater, watched a movie and then got up the next morning and packed our things. 

Day 6 was basically us making our way back home. We stopped at an outlet store on the way and dinner at the Olive Garden in Burlington, Washington but otherwise it was pretty direct. It was a good trip of sightseeing and now I can cross that off my list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment