Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oregon Day 2

On the second day we woke up, had the breakfast our hotel provided us and stopped off at the outlet malls in Seaside. Now I have to say, my Mom got a good haul but I picked up only 3 things. It was clear the demographic of this outlet was for older people. Not really any stores I shop at. I picked up a nice sweater from Nike and some bandeaus that actually fit me. Shocker. I have this issue because I need to wear a small but a small doesn't fit. This will probably make sense to most women.

We then drove down to Cannon Beach to see the Haystack Rocks.When you get really close to them, you REALLY see how big they were. The sand was also really nice and white and the beach had freee parking. I didn't go in the water though as it is the Pacific ocean which is really rough and it was kind of chilly outside so I didn't want to test how cold the water was.












After we left Cannon Beach, we went back to the hotel to clean up and then ventured out for dinner. We decided to go to this place called Pig'n'Pancake. I love pancakes so I was quite intrigued. I thought they must have tons of different flavoured pancakes. We went there, got seated and no one came to talk to us ever. We were waiting for about 15 minutes. I also had a clear view of the kitchen where the waitresses were in the back. At the very least a hostess could have asked us if we wanted anything to drink. So we got up and left. I hate doing this because I don't want to seem like that person but there comes a point where it is a bit ridiculous. So we tried Norma's again but it was extremely busy and by this time my Mom was hungry so we went somewhere else. The place we went to, I don't remember the name but it was one of the seafood places. So from our experience in Seaside....

Pig'n'Pancake - horrible service, don't bother (at the Seaside location)
Norma's - must be good because every night there was a ginormous wait line.
Seafood restaurants - good food, good service
Seashore Inn - good hotel, good service but not the Hilton by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment