Tuesday, April 09, 2013

MTV Movie Awards

I'm not much of an awards person. I tend to find them boring. I usually just go and look at the winners after. This year, MTV is holding a contest (actually I don't know if that is isolated to this year but I found it this year lol) and you pick who you think will win and you could win $3k and a chance to make a difference for a charity of your choice. So I decided to enter because who knows right? 

Here are my picks (which are always biased to what I liked!)

Movie of the year: 

Django Unchained
Silver Linings Playbook
Ted
The Avengers
The Dark Night Rises

This one is tough. There are three really good contenders there. I think I'm going to go with...

The Dark Night Rises

Best Male Performance

Been Affleck - Argo
Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
Jamie Foxx - Django Unchained
Channing Tatum - Magic Mike 

Ha! I want to pick Channing Tatum and I wonder if he will win out of popularity but I really think...

Ben Affleck - Argo

Best Female Performance

Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Mila Kunos - Ted
Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Emma Watson - Perks of Being a Wallflower
Rebel Wilson - Pitch Perfect

Hands down ...

Jennifer Lawrence 

Breakthrough Performance

Ezra Miller - Perks of Being a Wallflower
Eddie Redmayne - Les Miserables
Suraj Sharma - Life of Pi
Quvenzhane Wallis - Beasts of the Southern Wild
Rebel Wilson - Pitch Perfect

I didn't see it but I heard rave reviews about it ...

Suraj Sharma - Life of Pi

Best Scared-As-S**t Performance

Jessica Chastain - Zero Dark Thirty
Alexandra Daddario - Texas Chainsaw 3D
Martin Freeman - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Jennifer Lawrence - House at the End of the Street
Suraj Sharma - Life of Pi

I loved this movie. I thought it was really well down and I think this actress did a fantastic job.

Jessica Chastain

Best On Screen Duo

Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson - Django Unchained
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook 
Mark Wahlberg and Set Macfarlane as Ted - Ted
Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo - The Avengers
Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis - The Campaign

This is really tough. My pick is mostly because I'm biased towards this movie and also this pair is staring in another movie together as well so that should say something...

Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence

Best Shirtless Performance

Christian Bale - The Dark Knight Rises
Daniel Craig - Skyfall
Taylor Lautner - Breaking Dawn
Seth Macfarlane - Ted
Channing Tatum - Magic Mike

Channing Tatum!!!! 
Although for some reason I'm thinking Ted might win this one :/ 

Best Fight

Jamie Foxx vs Candieland Henchmen - Django Unchained
Daniel Crag vs. Ola Rapace - Skyfall
Mark Wahlberg vs. Ted - Ted
The Cast of the Avengers - The Avengers
Christan Bale vs. Tom Hardy - The Dark Knight Rises

Christian Bale vs. Tom Hardy - The Dark Knight Rises 
Tom Hardy for real plays that guy?! I'm shocked.

Best Kiss

Kerry Washington and Jamie Foxx - Django Unchained
Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman - Moonrise Kingdom
Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper - Silver Linings Playbook
Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg - Ted
Emma Watson and Logan Lerman - Perks of Being a Wallflower

Emma Watson and Logan Lerman - Perks of Being a Wallflower

Best WTF Moment

Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson - Candieland Gets Smoked in Django Unchained
Denzel Washington - Final Descent in Flight
Anna Camp - Hack Appella in Pitch Perfect
Javier Bardem - Oops...There Goes His Face in Skyfall
Ted - Ted Gets Saucy in Ted

Because I thought this entire movie was a WTF moment, I'm going with...

Ted

Best Villain

Javier Bardem - Skyfall
Leonardo DiCaprio - Django Unchained
Marion Cotillard - The Dark Knight Rises
Tom Hardy - The Dark Knight Rises
Tom Hiddleston - The Avengers

Tom Hardy

Best Musical Moment

Anne Hathaway - Les Miserable
Channing Tatum and the rest of that crew - Magic Mike
The Cast of Pitch Perfect - Pitch Perfect
Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Emma Watson and the gang - Perks of Being a Wallflower

Consdering this one was an actual musical, I'm going with...

Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables

So yea those are my picks. Let me know what your picks are!

Who knows maybe I will win! Ha. 
If I did, I would choose the SPCA as my charity to help. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment