Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bathroom Organization

 I posted quite a few months ago a tour of our apartment. And then I posted a little bit later that I've made some changes and I never did post updates about that... but that is OK because I made even more changes! This is what it looked like before:


Now I never took pictures of the inside of my cupboards...they were a disaster anyway. These were my problem areas: 
1. No storage space. As you can see there is one cupboard and a large windowsill. 
2. No place for toilet paper. We just kept it on the floor but Gizmo likes to eat plastic for some reason and so he would always chew on the bag!
3. That basket on the windowsill holding my stuff. I don't really like it, it is not my style. Instead I want to get some baskets to put our hair and bath stuff in.
4. Storage for my hair tools.

Alright here is the after: 


As you can see, I put the towels on the ledge. Obviously it is not the prettiest thing I can do but something I can work with for now. 



Toilet paper issue solved! I found this basket that was the perfect size to fit in between the wall and the toilet and it is nice and deep so it fits all the rolls in a regular 12 double roll package!

The inside of the cupboard.... As you can see I put the basket in the cupboard. I basically switched it with the towels. I find this a little easier for me to access it (cause I'm short) and it hides it until I can get some pretty baskets for it. Starting on the left, in the very back which you can't see, I have a makeup bag filled with all our travel sized/sample stuff. Its in the back because the only time we access it is when we are packing for trips. The shelf is a locker shelf that I've had for years and years. On the top is my makeup bin and the other makeup bag I have is filled with hair stuff. 

On the bottom, there is a blue bin I got from the dollar store. I have random stuff in there like aloe vera and extra bar soap, nail polish remover, etc. Then I have my lady stuff fitted around it. The black bag in the front is full of Brandyn's bathroom stuff and then behind it is my nail polish bag. 


So this basket has all of my bathroom stuff. In the back is sunscreen because we don't need it now. Then I have bath stuff like bubble bath and bath bombs. I don't take baths that often, that stuff tends to build up haha. Then is my hair stuff and lotion. 


This (and the toilet paper basket) are my favourite parts of this bathroom. They fixed major annoyances. I bought this off of Beyond the Rack which is a flash sale website. It has a spot for my blow dryer, hair straightener and then I shove my brushes in there as well!

The bathroom isn't perfectly organized to my liking but it works for now and since we are making a big change pretty soon, I have no plans to buy anything else since we are trying to downsize. It also goes to show that you don't always need fancy dividers or all that jazz to make something organized. You can just use stuff you may already have like... tons of makeup bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment