Saturday, November 10, 2012

Welcome Table Design

I haven't done a wedding post in a while, there hasn't been much to update until recently.

I realized that since we are doing all the decor for the wedding, we also have to buy all the decor so I started making a list so I didn't forget anything. Then I realized I should probably make a diagram of the way I want certain things set up. So.. I got started on the Reception. 

Here is the diagram I did up on paint of what I'm thinking. 


This is basically going to be in the lobby of the hall to the right of the door. The one on top is when people first arrive. I want to do this for the seating charts:


This is an extremely easy project which will require very little money which makes me happy. I'm going to need two so I put 2 in my diagram but I could also do one longer board as well. I also am going to need to find an easel or something to stand them on and I have no idea where to get those. I will consult my wedding board when the time comes to make those haha! 

That will be the last thing that the guest walks by before they get in the door so I think its appropriate because then they will find their name and go find their table!

Next to it, I will put a picture of Brandyn and myself to personalize it a bit. Then is a gap because that is where we will stand and place people. Then is our guestbook. 

Beside the guestbook will be the cardbox which I plan to make myself because I can't justify paying $80 to buy one. There are tons of tutorials and I will get my inspiration from Etsy (design wise)







And... a banner for the front






The bottom table is after the reception is well under way and it is closer to the time people leave. Then the wedding favors get put out. I am undecided between jars of honey or tiles that I will make myself using scrapbook paper. That is why one side has squares and the other circles.

With that being said, here is a list of things I need to get:


  • Seating Chart Board (easel(s), stand(s), ribbon, seating cards)
  • Guestbook pens x3
  • Cardbox Supplies
  • Banner
  • Favors
Things I have:

Guestbook ... :)

Haha.. I've accomplished so much with this table but then again... the wedding is still quite a ways away. I don't want to do any of the bulky projects because we will be relocating and thats just more crap to move and all the DIY will be pretty fragile...but I have started a box to hold wedding supplies because besides the guestbook. I have gathered more stuff. I will post later on about the guestbook and the other parts of the reception that I have thought about (and gathered supplies for).

Ta ta for now :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment