Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wedding Band Woes

So in my book that I recommended one bride said she bought her husband’s wedding band on Overstock for like 20 bucks so I decided to check that out. We found a titanium wedding band and with shipping it came out to $60 in total. We went into the jewelry store to get Brandyn sized but unfortunately the lady sized the wrong finger (and Brandyn didn’t know what finger to wear his ring on so he thought the lady sized him right). I was really excited to get this ring ordered for so cheap.


As you can see, the ring has come in and it is actually really nice. Unfortunately it was too big for Brandyn because he was sized on the wrong finger. I then figured out that we can’t size titanium rings!!! How inconvenient what if a guy loses or gains weight?? So disappointed.

So my advise to anybody looking at titanium or tungsten rings - DON’T we were pretty much told that they are “worthless.” We have it up on craigslist now hoping to get the money back but I guess nobody is looking for these rings either :(

Now we are looking into getting white-gold as the titanium is extremely not practical for life. I’ve looked around and we can’t find much in our price range ($250 for each band) so we may go the Overstock route again (which I do still recommend). We just have to go back to the jewelry store and see what style Brandyn likes again.

May 24 2014
Days until Wedding: 790
Theme/Colors: Fairytale / White and Soft Pink
What has been booked: My dress

No comments:

Post a Comment